Friday, July 18, 2008

Why I Wrote "Stock Power"

Most people I meet ask me why I wrote my first novel, "Stock Power". The answer is two-fold. I needed a means of telling a handful of investors how sorry I am for committing a crime that caused me to leave the industry and that I intend to reimburse them 100%. On the other hand, I wanted to give book lovers a story that shows what happens to an ambitious stockbroker when he ignores the rules when success goes to his head.

Bill Haydon, the story's central character, sets out for Wall Street's cornucopia of finance in order to make more money - a perfectly admirable and logical ambition. His basis for seeking an exclusive niche in the market was his acute analytical skills and his desire to outperform in his field. He achieves both of these goals. The reader can follow Haydon through this colorful drama as he struggles with conflicts about his values and beliefs while advising wealthy people on what to do with their money.

Successful investing on Wall Street and a workaholic's addictions to money are the two main themes of this novel. Readers will be rewarded with both a glance at how to think about investing and also what to do about their own destiny. This book is likely to create a sense of urgency about personal finances for readers across North America. I expect it will take me about a year to get the word out. In the meantime, I would like to see the press get a little bit more interested in this project.

Bill Hudley

No comments: