Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Don't Quit Your Night Job

Assuming you work days, there is a strong possibility that you might have a special connection to a second job that keeps you "in the running" financially speaking. The extra money earned does not always have to treated like it's your lifesaver. Some of that money should be going to a worthy cause, such as your retirement, or toward education (typical) or toward writing your way toward a new lifestyle, which is what you see demonstrated here.

I never worked so hard in my life as I did on the novel I just completed a few days ago. The only way I could have made it to the last page of the last chapter was to (you guessed it) quit my day job. Yes, I am a little poorer than I would have been if I remained enslaved to an occupation that does not need my blood; but, I am a lot richer in the sense that I am now a bona fide author...soon to be a published author! That's a powerful thing to say. Writing was my "night job" for more than three years, folks. I will be rich and famous some day because I never quit.

The business of writing for fun and profit appeals to me because it gives me the opportunity to imagine things are happening (that aren't really happening), and nobody calls the padded wagon! It's a pretty neat position to be in and I recommend it highly to anyone who has a story worth telling.

Hudster

No comments: